miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2009

I’m a little bit discouraged

Frankly speaking,
I’m a little bit discouraged about the general response and participation in our own blogs.
This is to copy literally what Felicity said on her first entry: “I hope we can use this tool to write and communicate in English when we are not in class, you can write about anything as long as it's in English, and better still if it's about English!”
However, the today’s result (the summary) is as follows:
The last entry from Ana was in Wednesday 11th Nov. about British Humour, and with one comment from Felicity only.
The last entry from Ana Gabriela was in Monday 2nd. Nov. about North or South? That's the REAL question, and with no comments
The last entry from Carme was in Tuesday 10 th Nov. about English Humour, and with no comments.
The last entry from Miguel Llana was in Monday 9 th Nov. about English Humour, and with no comments.
The last entry from Elsa was in Thuersday 19 th Nov. about Peep Show, and with no comments.
The last entry from Mónica was in Sunday 12 th Nov. about Peep Show and other TV series, and with one comment from Felicity only.
The last entry from Silvia was in Monday 23 rd Nov. about Peep Show, and with one comment from Felicity only. (By the way and for the absent like me, Silvia has been the only one who has explained you have seen the Peep Show episode last Wednesday).
Last but not least, the last entry from Felicity was in Thursday 12 th Nov. about Pot calling the kettle black. Please note that on this entry she literally asked for: “This week, more importantly than making an entry on your own blog, I would like to see more blog-blog interaction. The idea of the blog is to 'connect' with classmates during the week so that we are never apart!!”
I do sincerely encourage you all to spend few of your time to do this. This practice should be compulsory for the students here thus, for those who want to improve our English fluency.
It’s true that I’m retired and in consequence, I’ve “almost” all the time in my hands but this could be a matter of the length of the text but never excuse for any text at all.
I’ve sent to you all the Mr. Geert Wilders speech, a few days ago but I’ve got no comments.
Let me tell you now, some of our recent past familiar experiences.
Last 19 th Nov. was the first birthday of our grandson POL already. He crawls quickly but hi is not able to walk yet. Both, his parents and grandparents seat together with him for dinner. My wife prepared a special meal for him consisting in his most usual thick vegetable and meat soup but drawing a smiling clown face on the top performed with tomato sauce. He was gobsmacked at all the stuff he saw. A small cake decorated with the nr. “1” plus one lighting candle both joined by our happy birthday’s songs were the perfect ending of the party.
Please keep in touch and my warmest regards to you all.
Miquel Obradó

4 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Good evening Miquel,
    I've been reading yor last entry and I agree with you. We should interact through the blogs. I'm sure blogging is a good and easy way to improve our English fluency but we must to be constant.
    By the way, I'd like to send my best wishes to the happy grandpa and to the cute grandson too. I'm sure the baby felt special on his birthday having their parents and grandparents around him.
    Keep in touch,
    Sílvia.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Silvia!
    Thanks for your support.
    Nevertheless, I’m afraid that to follow towards the idea of revitalizes and speed our blogs up makes not too much sense at this stag; it’s to deny the obvious o the facts, so those which are more interested on improve our English fluency, we can change the way and communicate each other via e-mail.
    This is my email which is at your most absolute disposal: miquel.obrado@gmail.com
    I’m waiting for your e-mail if you agree with me.
    See you soon.
    Miquel Obradó

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Miquel, I'm sending my e-mail adress:sdobon2@gmail.com
    I hope hearing from you soon!

    ResponderEliminar