sábado, 17 de octubre de 2009

Creating a blog

Thanks to the collaboration of my daughter, creating a blog has been not so difficult so, I’m going to explain why I had written my name down for this course.
I studied English for 500 hours at ESADE but, long time ago. Soon after, I have used English mainly for business but I’d never come back to study it.
Besides nearly 25 years using English on business only, makes easy not only to forget the grammar but also adopt some bad habits. Perhaps the only positive point is to keep certain fluent speaking. That’s the reason why I decided to take part in this advancing in English course, trying to remember all the forgotten things and recovering the knowledge of English that I had years ago.
I’m also fully devoted to English mainly because the wide opportunities of worldwide communication you can get using it, in fact this is for me important enough to such an extent that I dislike English under no circumstances.
In the first week’s session we have tended towards the knowledge of the English language’s origin and cultures, starting since the Anglo-Saxon invasions, 449 AD.


3 comentarios:

  1. I have found your blog!

    I'm glad you have been able to start it. I see you have studied a lot of English and had a lot of contact with the language. I hope you will learn more about the language in the course and if you have some bad habits, hopefully we can get rid of some of them!
    see you soon
    Felicity

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi, Miguel,
    This is Mónica. I've seen you wrote a pair of comments addressed to me, but in another's blog. Mine is this one: http://monicaeoiesplugues.blogspot.com/.
    Like you, I also have the habit to read books in English. Lately, for Sant Jordi I only buy English literature. The last one I've read has been “The Code Book”, by Simon Singh. It’s an appealing book about the history of Cryptography, from the ancient ages (Greeks, Romans), through Kings and Queens (e.g. Mary Queen of Scots, who was made killed by Queen Elisabeth of England after desencrypting a message which accused her of perfidy), through the breakage of the ENIGMA coding during the II World War, to the design of secure communications over the Internet. I’ve really enjoyed a lot this book…
    See you next Wednesday,
    Mónica

    ResponderEliminar